Lundsbergs boarding school is a Swedish boarding school located in the Parish of Storfors north of Kristinehamn in Värmland, Sweden. Lundsberg was founded in 1896 with inspirations from classical English boarding schools, and has approximately 200 students today. The school is run by the Lundsbergs school Foundation, Stiftelsen Lundsbergs skola and is well known for its conservative atmosphere.The school is one of the three elite boarding schools in Sweden. Annual tuition is about £24,000. The cost is subsidized by the state but augmented by parents. The school consists of six dormitories, of which three are boys' dormitories, three three are girls' dormitories .The school was closed on 28 August 2013 by the Swedish School Inspectorate due problems concerning abuse and bullying. However, on 6 September 2013, the Administrative court in Stockholm County decided that the school would be re-opened on 9 September 2013.HistoryLundsbergs Boarding School was founded by the businessman William Olsson 30 January 1896. The school at that time was characterized of the ideals to form the future leaders of the country via religious studies in a Spartan environment.The school commenced in Lundsberg’s Herrgård. However, as the student number rose more student housing, staff buildings, and sport facilities were built. The Main Building was constructed 1906-1907 under the drawings of the architect Erik Lallerstedts. The current sports field was officially opened 1923 by the then Crown prince of Sweden Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten.
to add Lundsbergs boarding school map to your website;